Lagos is known for its innovative initiatives towards providing a better living to Lagosians. Lagos State Government has announced the plan that will enable students at Public Schools and Bus terminals access the Internet with its free WiFi plan and this will enable Students and Residents of Lagos have first hand information about Lagos State and at the same time access the web.
Commissioner for Science and Technology, Mr. Hakeem Fahm disclosed this over the weekend and stressed at the information that it would enable Lagosians connect more Socially.
“We have provided free-wifi in three parks, Ndubuisi Kanu and Johnson, Jakande Tinubu Parks in Ikeja and Muri-Okunola part in Victoria Island. Aside this, we will be providing free-wifi in public schools.
“Also, we will be providing additional free-wifi access at bus terminals and several parks and garden in the state.
The Commissioner also Said this program will hasten the Lagos State Government plan to make the whole state a Smart City. Lagos Smart City is a realistic vision by the Lagos state Government in making Lagos State a smart City which would enable residents of Lagos State have an environment where more Jobs will be created, a 24-hour driven economy which would also allow companies to operate in a safe and secure environment thereby increasing Gross Domestic Product, GDP of the state.
However, the Commissioner buttressed that Lagos State Residency Agency, LASRRA has already registered 4million Lagosians and the Government will soon embark on a proper planning and allocation of resources in the state.
On effort to increase number of Lagosians captured, he stated that efforts had been strengthened to ensure more residents are registered. The commissioner assured that Lagos State plans to deploy additional 10,000 High Definition (HD) CCTV cameras across the State, to boost security, transportation and infrastructure in the state.
“The security component will deploy thousands of surveillance CCTV cameras through the length and breadth of the State. The transportation component focuses on Intelligent Transport Service (ITS) and the connectivity component with provision of a metro fibre network through a major Internet Service Provider (IPS) that will eventually lead connectivity to various homes, offices and institutions in the State,” Fahm said.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman