Delta State University (DELSU) has announced that application form for admission into 2018/2019 academic session of its Postgraduate Studies (Postgraduate Diploma, Professional Masters, Academic Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees) admission. Interested applicants are advised to read through the information below before proceeding to apply for admission.
DELSU Postgraduate Programmes.
Below is the list of Postgraduate Programmes offered in Delta State University
FACULTY / DEPARTMENT PROGRAMMES
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
Agricultural Economics & Agricultural Extension PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Animal Science PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Fisheries PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D
Forestry and Wildlife PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D
Agronomy (i) Crops Science (ii) Crop Protection (iii) Soil Science) PGD, Professional Master, M.Sc. & Ph.D
FACULTY OF ARTS
Fine and Applied Arts: i. Graphics, Ceramics ii. Sculpture and Textile Design MFA
Art History M.A. & Ph.D.
Studio Art: (i) Ceramics ii) Graphics (iii) Sculpture (iv) Painting & Textiles Ph.D.
History M.A. & Ph.D.
Music PGDM; M.A. & Ph.D.
Religious Studies & Philosophy:(i) Old Testament(ii) New Testament(iii) Church History (iv) ATR (v) Christian Theology M.A. & Ph.D.
Theatre Arts: Theatre Arts M.A. & Ph.D
Languages & Linguistics: i) French Languages & Linguistics ii) Lit. in French iii) Translation M.A.
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
Physiology M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Anatomy M.Sc. & Ph.D.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Educational Administration & Policy Studies M.Ed. & Ph.D.
Guidance & Counseling / Measurement & Evaluation. M.Ed. & Ph.D.
Library & Information Science: PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D
Science Education (i) Biology (ii) Chemistry (iii) Mathematics M.Ed.
Social Science Education:
Vocational Education: (i) Agricultural Education (ii) Home Economics M.Ed. & Ph.D.
Technical & Business Education: (i) Industrial Technology Education M.Sc. (Ed)
Human Kinetics & Health Education:(i) Human Kinetics Education(ii) Exercise Physiology & Sports Science(ii) Sports Management/Health Education M.Ed. & Ph.D.
Institute of Education (i) Education PGDE
(ii) Basic Education PGDBE
(iii) Educational Management PGDEM
FACULTY OF LAW
Law MLD, LL.M. & Ph.D
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Accounting/Banking & Finance PGDBF & M.Sc.
Business Administration & Marketing (i) Business Administration PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D
(ii) Marketing PGD, M.Sc.
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Animal & Environmental Biology: PGD), M.Sc. & Ph.D
Biochemistry; M.Sc. & Ph.D
Chemistry: (i) Analytical/Environmental Chemistry(ii) Inorganic Chemistry (iii)Organic Chemistry(iv) Physical Chemistry (v) Industrial Chemistry M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Geology: (i) Engineering Geology(ii) Environmental Geology (iii) Hydrogeology(iv) Petroleum Geology (v) Mineral Exploration M.Sc
Mathematics: (i) Mathematics (ii) Industrial Mathematics M.Sc
Physics: (i) Geophysics (i) Solid State Physics (iii) Radiation & Health Physics (iv) Theoretical Physics M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Microbiology: (i) Environmental Microbiology (ii) Food and Industrial Microbiology. M.Sc.
FACULTY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES
A. REGULAR PROGRAMMES
Business Administration M.Sc.
Economics M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Geography and Regional Planning M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Mass Communication M.Sc.
Political Science M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Sociology M.Sc. & Ph.D.
B. WEEKEND PROGRAMMES
Business Administration PGDBA & MBA
Economics PGDPE & MEPE
Mass Communication: (i) Postgraduate Diploma in Communication Management PGDCM
(ii) Professional Master Degree in Communication Management MCM
Sociology: Master in Crime Control MCC
DELSU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- Applicants for postgraduate studies must have a degree or its equivalent from a Senate-recognized institution.
- They must have also obtained at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics in WASC, NECO, GCE (Ordinary Level), or NABTEB at not more than two sittings. Pass in English or Mathematics is not acceptable. Also, ACE and TC II are not acceptable. (No equivalent to WASC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB).
- Applicants are to note that there will be no waiver for anybody seeking admission into any of the programmes.
- Applicants applying for Ph.D. in any programme must have obtained at least a weighted average score of 60% overall or a CGPA of 3.50 in a scale of 5.00 .
- Candidates applying for academic Master Degree (M.Sc., M.Ed., M.A. and LL.M.) must be holders of bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from the Delta State University or any other accredited university with at least “Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate.
- Candidates applying for professional Master Degree are required to be holders of Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline from Delta State University, Abraka or any other accredited university with at least a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate or a Higher National Diploma with Upper Credit from a Senate-recognized polytechnic.
- Applicants for Postgraduate Diploma are required to be holders of a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from the Delta State University or any other accredited university with at least a “Third Class Honours” degree or an HND (Lower Credit) recognized by Senate.
DELSU Professional Masters Programmes Requirements
Applicants are required to have a minimum of Third Class Honours Degree, in any discipline from Delta State University or other Universities recognized by Senate or Higher National Diploma (HND) of not less than lower credit with years of experience. Programmes include Master in Energy and Petroleum Economics (MEPE), and Master in Communication Management (MCM).
DELSU Ph.D. Programmes Requirements
Applicants that have relevant academic Masters Degrees from the Delta State University, Abraka or other Universities recognized by the Senate and are expected to have scored at least a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 4.00 or 60% overall average in Masters Degree to qualify for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy Programme.
Duration for DELSU Postgraduate Programmes
Minimum duration for Postgraduate Diploma (Full time): – 2 Semesters
Minimum duration for Academic Masters (Full time): – 3 Semesters
Minimum duration for Professional Masters: – 4 Semesters
Minimum duration for Ph.D (Full time): – 6 Semesters.
How to Apply for 2018/2019 Delta State University Postgraduate Admission
Applicants are to visit www.delsuonline.com and complete the Delta State University, Abraka 2018/2019 PG Admission Form online and to also generate an application virtual pin of N31,000.00 (thirty-one thousand naira) only. Payment should be made at any of the following designated banks: Ecobank, UBA Zenith Bank, Unity Bank and Fidelity Bank
Note: All applicants must submit photocopies of the following documents:
- 2 Hard copies of downloaded Application Form
- Transcript of all previous qualifications obtained
- WASC; NECO; GCE or NABTEB Certificate (not TC II)
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption or Exclusion Certificate obtained from NYSC Office only
- A 3– 5-page research proposal indicating the area of research interest (for Ph.D. candidates)
Applicants are advised to read the instructions on the home page of the Website delsuonline.com before completing the Application Form.
Applicants are to submit the hard copies of their applications along with other relevant documents at the Postgraduate School Office, Abraka on or before 30th June 2018. List of those offered provisional admission into any programme will be published in the Postgraduate School at Abraka Campus. Screening of provisionally admitted candidates and payment of fees will commence immediately thereafter and end on 31st August 2018.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See 2018 NABTEB May/June Exam Timetable and…
- See Official Timetable For NABTEB 2019 May/June…
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- See The Official Timetable for NECO 2019 June/July SSCE
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman