Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is currently under scrutiny by the Members of the House of Representatives. The Representatives have asked that JAMB reduce the cost of application forms both for UTME and change of institution by at least 50%.
It will be recalled that JAMB announced that the board has made up to 8.5 Billion Naira from the sale of UTME forms to candidates seeking admission in 2018 alone. Though the money quite much, it will also be recalled that JAMB announced some weeks earlier that the board has paid out over 1 Billion Naira to CBT owners whose services were employed by the board in conducting the 2018 UTME.
James Faleke (APC, Lagos) who proposed the motion stated that the function of JAMB is to conduct examinations and see to it that the standard of university admission is kept in check, he also stated that with the cost of the application forms, JAMB will soon become a profit-making venture which is not supposed to be so because it will further add to the detriment of the educational and social development of the country.
He also reminded the members of the house that JAMB as a government agency is not set up for profit making but instead to promote the educational development of the young citizens in pursuit of their professional careers.
In the end, the House Of Representatives concluded and also mandated its committee on basic education to ensure compliance and report back in two weeks. It is however uncertain if JAMB will comply, check back on Tuition.ng for more updates.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- See 2018 NABTEB May/June Exam Timetable and…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman