National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) has gotten full accreditation for BNSc. Nursing and Vice-Chancellor of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Prof. Abdalla Adamu during the faculty of health science public lecture on Monday said that the Nursing programme of the university has received full accreditation from the National Universities Commission (NUC) and Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria(NMCN).
This means all candidates who wish to study in the institution can now fully do so without any hesitation. You will learn how to apply for any Nursing programme of your choice in this Post
He further stated that with BNSc. Nursing, B.Sc. Public Health and B.Sc. Environmental Health-fully accredited and B.Sc. Environmental Health resource verified and approved by NUC, the institution needed partnership the Federal Ministry of Health.
“NOUN B.Sc Nursing has been fully accredited by NUC and fully accredited Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria(NMCN), we are very proud of this achievement and we congratulate the faculty of Health Sciences, this event is important for the institution because it provides a window of interactivity with the Federal Ministry of Health; we want to see more facilitators and supervisors from the ministry,’’ he said
How to Apply For Admission in NOUN:
Candidates who are interested in studying are to take note of the information below;
NOUN Admission Requirements:
Below are the admission requirements for candidates who wish to study in NOUN
Generally, the requirements for getting admission into the National Open University of Nigeria include five (5) credits in the SSCE/GCE O’Level/NECO/NABTEB or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study. The five (5) credits include Credits in Mathematics, English and 3 other relevant subjects. More details can be found under programmes.
- National Diploma at Upper Credit from recognized institutions.
- National Certificate in Education (NCE) in the subject(s) relevant to the proposed programme of study with a minimum of one merit and two passes.
- International Baccalaureates, Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) with at least two ‘A’ Level papers in relevant subjects and pre-requisite number of ‘O’ Level credit passes.
- To qualify for admission into any of the postgraduate programmes of the University, a candidate must meet, among others, all matriculation requirements of at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics. Some programmes accept at least a pass in Mathematics.
- For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, Candidates must possess either a minimum of pass Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN OR a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit. For the Postgraduate Diploma in Legislative Drafting, the candidate must have been called to the Bar. Also for admission into the school of Business and Human Resource Management Postgraduate Diploma programmes, candidates with professional qualifications such as ACA, ACIS, ACIB, ACII, ACIA, etc may be considered on individual merit.
- For Master degree programmes, candidates must possess either a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of second class lower in the relevant field of study from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN. However, holders of lower classification and with a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience may be considered on individual merit OR a Postgraduate Diploma in a related field of study from a recognised University OR A Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit in the relevant field of study. Candidate with membership certificate of relevant professional bodies may apply for the Master of Business (MBA) programme.
- For the Doctor of Philosophy Degree programmes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant field of study from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
Step by Step Procedure on How to Apply for Admission
- Visit the School site www.nouonline.net
- On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, Click on Apply for Admission
- Select either Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme. Other programme is not available at the moment
- Goto “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found on the left-hand side of the screen)
- Select Faculty
- Fill displayed form
- Click below to view admission criteria
- Click “Apply” to proceed.
- Take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed
- Click ‘Continue’ button
- Select Bank Branch as payment type
- Click “Pay”
- Copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment.
- Perform step 1 to 3
- Goto “Continue After Payment”
- Input Unique ID, RRR number and Programme
- Click “Proceed”
- Fill Form. Note: all fields marked with a red star are compulsory.
After filling form
- Click “Submit”
- Print Admission Letter
- Visit the nearest study centre for screening