The Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt (OTI-UNIPORT) is an Institute which partners with appropriate government and non-governmental agencies, oil industry operators and service providers in the realization of providing educational support, skilled and competent manpower resource at postgraduate and professional levels relevant to the needs of the energy industry.
The environment in the Institute is conducive to learning. Students have access to audio-visual aids, e-learning and internet facilities. Students undergo 3-months internship in relevant companies, underwater training such as BOSIET/HUET and field trips.
Students are encouraged to live and work together thereby enhancing the development of team spirit. The Teaching Faculty consists of Lecturers from the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT), other Universities within and outside Nigeria, Lecturers from Professional Institutions abroad, as well as experts from the Industry.
The is to notify the general public and all applicants who are qualified for the institution’s post-graduate programme that application forms for admission into the post-graduate programme are currently available and on sale.
OTI-UNIPORT POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES:
The M.Sc. Programmes include;
- Pipeline Engineering
- Offshore Engineering
- Subsea Engineering in collaboration with TechnipFMC Technologies.
At the end of this programme, the graduates will among other skills, be able to:
- Work methodologically and logically to solve real-life problems in the face of conflicting requirements.
- evaluate, explore and manage offshore oil & gas fields
- design, construct and install multiphase flow pipelines, risers, umbilicals and jumpers
- operate and supervise onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities
- use ORCAFLEX/PIPEPHASE/ANSYS software
The duration of the Programme is a 12 calendar month of intensive full-time study or 48 months of flexible Part-Time study. After completion of the programme, successful students will receive a Masters’ Degree (MSC) awarded by the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Also, students will be presented for Offshore Petroleum Training Organization (OPITO) Certification.
Candidates must possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, Second Class Honours (Upper Division), in any branch of Engineering and must have completed their NYSC before July 2018. Consideration may be given to Sponsored Company Staff with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a scale of 5.00.
HOW TO APPLY INTO OTI-UNIPORT:
Candidates are to pay a non-refundable Application Processing Fee of Twenty Thousand Naira (N 20, 000) in certified bank draft made payable to the Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt.
Online payment option is also available on the institution website. Applicants can apply online by visiting www.otiuniport.org.
The Form should be completed and submitted online. However, candidates are to submit the hard copy of the completed Form along with the Bank Draft in person or via courier to The Director, Offshore Technology Institute (OTI), ETF Gas Engineering Building, University Park (UNIPARK), P.O.Box 50, Uniport Post Office, University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED AFTER THE ONLINE APPLICATION:
- A handwritten letter stating your reasons for applying.
- Curriculum vitae of ONE PAGE ONLY.
- Copies of the Credentials i.e. WAEC, GCE, NYSC Discharge Certificate & University degrees, etc and, if applicable, an attestation of attendance at an educational establishment.
- Detailed records of results (TRANSCRIPT)
- Two recent identity photographs with your last name and first name on the back.
- Bank draft
- NAMES AND ADDRESSES OF TWO REFEREES:
– An academic (Lecturer, Head of Department, Professor)
– A corporate officer (clergy, employer, training period supervisor, etc.).
Note: The completed Application Forms should be submitted with the bank draft at the Emerald Energy Institute office or be sent by courier service.
CANDIDATES ARE TO ADDRESS THEIR ENVELOPE TO:
OFFSHORE TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE (OTI), UNIPORT,
1ST FLOOR, ETF GAS ENGINEERING BUILDING,
BEHIND FACULTY OF SCIENCE, UNIPARK CAMPUS,
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
- Payment via Bank Draft written in favour of Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt
- Online Payment via Verve/Mastercard available
- ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL IS NOW OPEN. ALL APPLICANTS MUST FILL THE ONLINE APPLICATION BEFORE PROCEEDING TO MAKE PAYMENT. PORTAL WILL BE SHUT DOWN ON MONDAY 25TH JUNE, 2018
- ENSURE YOU SCAN AND RENAME YOUR PASSPORT TO FIRSTNAME.SURNAME BEFORE UPLOAD (E.g David.Jaja).
FOR TECHNICAL ISSUES, EMAIL: email@example.com, or call +2347067281841