First published on tuition.ng and in what seems to be like a response to the medical students protesting against the sudden increase in the school’s accommodation fee, the Management of the University of Ibadan on Saturday, 4th April issued a notice to all medical students to vacate the school residential hall (Alexander Brown Hall).
Earlier last week, the University management announced the new tuition fee and accommodation fees for the University which indicated over 100% increase rate in all undergraduate halls of residence as accommodation fees increased from N14,000 to N30,000, Alexander Brown hall which is occupied by medical students at the University College Hospital was also affected as accommodation fees were increased from N20,000 to N40,000. This sparked an unrest among the students in which the medical students on Thursday, 5th April protested against the school fees hike.
However, after the students received the eviction notice from the school management, the students vacated Alexander Brown Hall, many of them were seen in the evening sleeping on mats and wrappers in the hostel area.
As at the time of gathering this news, it is still unclear what the school management intends to do but the students are clearly not giving up as they were seen in their white coats.
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman