The management of Bowen University has announced the release of the Post-UTME form for the 2018/2019 academic session. Candidates who wish to apply for admission into the University degree programme can now go online to purchase the form and they must fill the form for all necessary registration requirement to qualify them for the Post-Utme Screening Exercise which will take place soon. Candidates interested in Bowen’s 2018/2019 Admission exercise must take note of the following information.
BOWEN UNIVERSITY ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
Below are the admission requirements for Bowen University;
- All applicants are required to have sat for the 2018 Unified Tertiary MatriculationExamination (UTME)
- Applicants are to complete the online application form by visiting Bowen University website at www.bowenuniversity.edu.ng
- All applicants are required to have credits at SSCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalent in at least five (5) subjects, which must include English Language and four other subjects as may be specified
by each Faculty.
- The five credits should be obtained in not more than two sittings.
- For Medicine and Surgery (MB; BS), Nursing Science and Physiotherapy programmes, the five credits
(including mathematics and English) must be obtained at only one sitting.
- Candidates awaiting results may apply.
- All applicants will be required to go through Bowen UniversityScreening Exercise.
- Interested candidates who did not choose Bowen University for Jamb Admission and wish to change their choice to Bowen University are required to:
- Apply for a change of institution through JAMB
- Complete the Bowen University Online Application For
- Participate in the Bowen screening exercise.
(ii) DIRECT ENTRY
All applicants for direct entry must satisfy any of the following:
- NCE at credit level, ND and approved equivalents with at least Lower Credit in relevant fields.
- At least two Advanced Level passes at acceptable grade level.
- The Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB), Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) or Cambridge moderated School of Basic Studies at acceptable grade levels.
- In addition to NCE/ND/IJMB, JUPEB or two Advanced Level papers specified by each Faculty or programme, candidates must also satisfy the Ordinary Level requirements.
- HND holders may be admitted to 200 Level or 300 Level depending on the regulation guiding admission to each department/programme.
All direct entry candidates are required to apply through JAMB.
PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE IN BOWEN UNIVERSITY:
(A) COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- B.Sc. Anatomy (3 or 4 Year Programme)
- B.Sc. Physiology (3 or 4 Year Programme)
- MB; BS. Medicine and Surgery (5 or 6 Year Programme)
- B. N. Sc. Nursing Science (4or 5Year Programme)
- B. PT. Physiotherapy (4 or 5Year Programme)
(B) FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE (4 or 5 Year Programme)
(a). B. Agric.
- Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Animal Science and Fisheries Management
- Crop Production and Environmental Management
(b). B. Forestry and Environmental Technology
(c). B.Sc. Food Science and Technology
- B. Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics (4or 3 Year Programme)
- B. Fisheries and Aquaculture
(C) FACULTY OF EDUCATION (3 or 4 Year Programme)
- B.LIS. Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Agricultural Science
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Business Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Computer Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Economics
- B. Ed. Educational Management
- B.A. (Ed.) English
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics
- B.A. (Ed.) Music
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Physics
- B. A. (Ed.) Religious Studies
(D) FACULTY OF HUMANITIES (3 or 4 Year Programme)
1. Department of English
2. Department of History and International Studies
B. A. History
B.A. History and International Studies
3. Department of Communication and Performing Arts
B.A. Communication Arts
B. A. Theatre Arts
4. Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies
B. A. Philosophy
B.A. Religious Studies
(E) FACULTY OF LAW (4 or 5 Year Programme)
1. Degree Programme
(F) FACULTY OF SCIENCE (3 or 4 Year Programme)
(1) Department of Biological Sciences
(i) Degree Programmes
B.Sc. Pure and Applied Biology
(2) Department of Biochemistry
(i) Degree Programme
(3) Department of Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry
B. Sc. Industrial Chemistry
(4 Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
B.Sc. Computer Science
(5) Department of Mathematics and Statistics
B. Sc. Statistics
(6) Department of Physics
B. Sc. Physics
(G) FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (3 or 4 Year Programme)
(1) Department of Accounting and Finance
B. Sc. Banking and Finance
(2) Department of Business Administration
B.Sc. Business Administration
B. Sc. Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
(3) Department of Economics
(4) Department of Mass Communication
B.Sc. Mass Communication
(5) Department of Political Science and Diplomatic Studies
B.Sc. Political Science
B. Sc. International Relations
(6) Department of Sociology
HOW TO APPLY FOR BOWEN UNIVERSITY POST-UTME ONLINE:
- Visit Bowen University website http://www.bowenuniversity.edu.ng
- Click on “Apply Now” under the UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION submenu. This takes you to the admission guide. Go through it and click on “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” at the bottom of the page to create an identity (Pre-Registration).
- After the pre-registration, generate a payment invoice with your unique transaction ID for the sum of Ten thousand, three hundred Naira (N10, 300) only as application form fee.
- Then, proceed to Quick teller page to make payment online.
- Payment for online forms through Banks – After generating a unique transaction ID through the University website, applicants may proceed to any of the following banks with their transaction ID to make payments: Skye Bank, Sterling Bank, Unity Bank, Wema Bank and United Bank for Africa (UBA).
- Upon confirmation of payment, proceed to the School Admission page “apply.bowenuniversity.edu.ng/apply to log in using your already created username and password in order to complete and submit the application form.
- Upon successful submission, print out your acknowledgement card and profile.
- Applicants in Lagos State may wish to visit the Bowen Microfinance Bank, Baptist Academy Compound, Obanikoro, Lagos for assistance in completing the application form. Contact: 08034955444, 08023672806, 08062435570
Applicants may visit any of the following centres for enquiries:
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State. Tel: 09036206970 or 07085434397
- Bowen University Liaison Office, Baptist Building, Oke Bola, Ibadan, Oyo State.
- First Baptist Church, Opposite NNPC Quarters, Area 11, P. O. Box 331, Garki, Abuja. Tel: 08059648342, 08039102716.
- Ekiti Baptist Conference Secretariat, Km. 3 Ikere Road, Off Ologede Police Station, AdoEkiti, Ekiti State. 08036265636
- Baptist College of Theology Benin, NTA Road, Benin City, Edo State. 08038412738 or 08062417396
- Central Baptist Conference Secretariat, Lamingo Dam road, Rikkos, Jos, Plateau State. 08065517071.
- Bethel Baptist Conference, 4 Ahmadu Bello Way, Kaduna, Kaduna State. Tel: 08023551299
- Bowen Microfinance Bank, Baptist Academy Compound, Obanikoro, Lagos. Tel: 08034955444, 08062435570
- Imo Baptist Conference Secretariat, 120Wetheral Road, Owerri, Imo State. 07037919943.
- Rivers Baptist Conference Secretariat, No 7 William Jumbo Street, Old GRA, Port-Harcourt. 08064180777.
- Kwara Baptist Conference Secretariat, Afon Road, Ganmo, Ilorin, Kwara State. 08039125460.
- Ogun State Baptist Conference, Baptist Mission Compound, Idi-Aba, Abeokuta, Ogun State. 07069647706.
- Ondo State Baptist Conference Secretariat, Block 001 Plot 7 & 8 Alagbaka GRA, Extension Adjacent Freeman Petrol Station, Oba-Ile Rd, Akure, Ondo State. 07038917271.
- Lagos Central Baptist Conference, Secretariat, C/O Ijero Baptist Church, 884, Apapa Road, Church, 122, Ipaja Rd, Ikeja, Lagos
- Lagos West Baptist Conference, Secretariat, C/O Union Baptist Church, Ebute-MettaAgege
- Ethiope-Delta State Baptist Conference, Amukpe, Sapele, Delta State. 08057257907.
- Zion Baptist Secondary School, beside Bowen Pre-degree Programme Centre, Agunbelewo, Ilobu Road, Osogbo, Osun State. Tel: 08136899924
xviii) Beulah Baptist Centre, Behind Baptist High School, Ogbomoso, Oyo State. 08053514160
- Oyo West Baptist Conference Secretariat, Oyo, Oyo State. 08035762942
- Providence Baptist Church, Uyo, Akwa – Ibom State 08039102716
- Anioma-Delta Baptist Conference, C/O Victory Baptist Church, Asaba, Delta State. 08034074335, 08057022515
SCREENING OF CANDIDATES:
All applicants are to appear for BOWEN University Screening Exercise at any of the following Centres:
- Baptist Academy, Obanikoro, Lagos
- Baptist College of Theology NTA/TV Road, Benin-City
- Fullness of God Nursery and Primary School, Ijapo Estate, Akure.
- Baptist Theological Seminary, Kaduna
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Faith Baptist College,#1 Rumuaparaeli Street, Beside Holy Rosary Secondary School, Old GRA Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.
- First Baptist Church, Area 11,Garki, Abuja
- Union Baptist Grammar School, Ga-Akanbi, Ilorin, Kwara State.
- Baptist Girls College, Missions, Idi Aba, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
- Gilgal International School, Shelter Afrique Extension, Mbiabong, Uyo, Akwa –
- Ethiope-Delta State Baptist Conference, Amukpe, Sapele, Delta State.
Candidates are requested to come along with the following for the screening exercise:
- Writing Materials
- Online Generated Acknowledgement form
- 2018 UTME result slip
- O’Level result
- Birth certificate
The University is yet to announce the official closing date for the application.
For Further enquiries please visit the university website www.bowenuniversity.edu.ng or contact: the Registrar, Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State, through:
(i) Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
(ii) Phone numbers: Bayo – 08168916329, Temitope – 0903-620-6970, Lanre – 0708-543-4397 and Niyi – 0818545164
Related School Updates:
See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
How To Check Bowen University 2019/2020…
Afe Babalola University Releases 2018/2019…
See ABUTH 2018/2019 Nursing/Health Programmes Admission
See Futminna 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
How To Apply For UMYU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission
Recent Forum Topics
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman