Due to the state of things in AAUA, the Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu has intervened in the affairs of the school and has reduced the school fees of the Institution for both Fresh students and Returning students.
Tuition Fee of AAUA was increased from N30,000 to N180,000 for fresh students and already admitted undergraduates were to pay N120,000 to N150,000 depending on their Faculty and Departments, the students of AAUA went on a mass protest in the school to show their discomfort with the new fees.
It has now been confirmed that the Ondo State Governor has intervened in the matter and the fees have been reduced by 50 percent. In the new school fees arrangement, the returning students in;
- Faculty of Law will now pay N100,000
- Faculty of Science, N100,000
- Faculty of Social and Management Science, N100,000
- Faculty of Education, N80,000
- Faculty of Arts, N80,000
with an option to pay twice, that is N50,000 and N40,000 per semester respectively. Final Year students across all faculties are to pay N70,000 with an opinion of paying twice, that is N35,000 per semester.
However, despite the 50 percent reduction, National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) still maintains that the school fees are outrageous. The National Public Relations Officer of the Association, Idowu Odebunmi said the new arrangement by the state government indicates that the students would still have to pay 200 percent increase in their tuition fees.
He further stated that many parents and guardians and students who are sponsoring themselves will still find the newly reduced fees high and difficult to pay, he then called on the governor to consider the plights of the students and the parents due to the economic situation of the country and cut down to pocket-friendly fees.
The President of Student Union Government (SUG) of AAUA, Olawale Ijanusi, who announced the new tuition fees, in his statement, said that this is the lowest the fees can be reduced and he urged every individual that they should abide by this.
He further stated that the union is willing and ready to seek the opinion of students as the final decision of the union lies with the students.
It is uncertain that the School fees will further be reduced, but the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) and the students of AAUA are still hoping for further reduction.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman