Prior to all Candidate’s notice, The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has said it will not release the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) results immediately, unlike it did in 2017.
The examination has already commenced on Friday, March 9 and is scheduled to end on March 17.
The registrar of the board, Ishaq Oloyede, said this during a press conference titled “Conduct of the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination” in Abuja on Wednesday.
According to the registrar, the reason for the delay in releasing the results is to review the activities of the candidates and to minimise the number of cancellations.
“We want to monitor everything that happens through our CCT cameras. Last year, we proved a point that there is nothing extraordinary in the immediate release of results but we had to cancel some results when we found out what happened in some centres. So, if we have to take two or three days to look at the conduct of the candidates before releasing the result so as to minimise cancellation, then we will do so”, he said
Mr Oloyede said no computer-based centre is allowed to collect any cash from the candidates adding that the board will release the agreed sum of N600 per candidate due to the centres to them.
He also said the board will not relent in its effort to tackle examination irregularities.
“It is fraudulent to engage in multiple registrations, although the new system of capturing live pictures through cameras instead of scanning of pictures, biometrics capturing of fingers and the order of arrangement of names has curtailed incidences of multiple registrations”, he said
The registrar urged candidates to adhere strictly to the date and time allocated to them for examination. He said any candidate who fails to turn up on schedule for his or her examination automatically misses the examination.
“The board is worried about the incessant cases of candidates being defrauded by syndicates, during the registration period. We arrested some of these syndicates. We call on all of you to be on the watch and call on us where such information is made available to you”, Mr Oloyede said.
Mr Oloyede said his ambition is to sanitise the system. He said the board will not hesitate to deal with anyone trying to ”cheat the system or the candidates”.
“About 6500 permanent and ad-hoc staff are deployed for the examination and each centre is to be manned by 10 officials. It is necessary to disclose that the board has concluded all arrangement for its activities for the 2019 exercise and a calendar has been released on our site”, the registrar added.
Similarly, in a statement issued on Wednesday, the board gave the statistics of applicants for 2018 UTME.
According to the board, 1,662,762 candidates registered for the 2018 UTME within a period of two months as against 1,718,425 candidates who registered within one month ”with an extension of two weeks” in 2017.
The board said the figure for 2018 shows a decrease of 55,642 applicants, which represents a decrease of 3.2 percent.
The board said findings also revealed that the drop in the 2018 UTME is due to ”measures put in place by the board to forestall multiple registrations and other unwholesome registration practices by candidates”.
The board presented the tables showing the total number of top 10 applications by states of origin of the candidates.
S/N STATE TOTAL
- IMO. 928902
- OYO. 866953
- OSUN. 860444
- OGUN. 803715
- DELTA. 800526
- ANAMBRA 727477
- EDO. 664378
- KADUNA 658819
- KANO. 64723
- ONDO. 63894
Below is the total number of 10 lowest application made by the state of origin of the candidates.
S/N STATE TOTAL
- BAUCHI 248392
- TARABA 223233
- ADAMAWA 221844
- BAYELSA 193885
- JIGAWA 183346
- YOBE 155027
- KEBBI 153198
- SOKOTO 134569
- ZAMFARA 1007710
- FCT 6418
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- See 2018 NABTEB May/June Exam Timetable and…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- See ABUTH 2018/2019 Nursing/Health Programmes Admission
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman