The National Universities Commission (NUC) has approved by the establishment of the Lagos State University (LASU) Open and Distance Learning and Research Institute (ODLRI). The approval came after a recent visit by the Universities Regulatory Body to assess the facilities of the Institute at the Main Campus of the University in Ojo.
The ODLRI was established by the Prof. Olanrewaju Adigun Fagbohun-led administration to replace the now rested LASU External System (LASUES) and provide the opportunity for millions of knowledge seekers who are desirous of pursuing their first degrees in the University but are unable to gain admission into the regular programmes. The ODLRI Board is headed by renowned Academic and Former Executive Secretary, NUC, Dist. Prof. Peter Okebukola.
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Fagbohun, while receiving the NUC team on their assessment visit, had assured the Executive Secretary, NUC, Professor Abubakar Rasheed that LASU-ODLRI will be the gold standard in the delivery of quality University education in Africa through the Open and Distance Learning delivery platform. The approved take-off programme is the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
LASU-ODLRI has several unique features. Course contents are pitched above NUC minimum standards with a slant on 21-Century skills especially critical thinking, teamwork, entrepreneurship and digital literacy. It will be delivered on a learner-friendly, easy-to-navigate e-learning platform with 24-hour learner support. It will apply global best practices in Open and Distance learning delivery. Another distinguishing feature is that it will embed research and development into all operations. All course materials are pilot tested before full diffusion. There are no imported courseware as all materials are proudly homegrown in LASU. It will blend 30% on-campus instruction with 70% instruction in a technology-enabled virtual learning environment.
With the approval of the Institute, the sale of forms is expected to commence any moment from now.
Cordinator, Centre for Information, Press and Public Relations,
Lagos State University, Ojo.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- World Bank Gives LASU Amongst others 7million…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman