The Federal Executive Council (FEC) on Wednesday approved the establishment of six private universities, including a naval university in Delta.
The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, announced this while briefing the State House press corps at the end of the FEC meeting presided over by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.
According to him, the approvals are a result of the memo submitted to the FEC by the ministry.
He said the universities were Admiralty University in Ibusa, Delta state, owned by the Naval Holding Company; Spiritan University in Nneochi, Abia State; and Precious Cornerstone University in Ibadan, Oyo State.
Also approved are PAMO University of Medical Sciences, Port Harcourt, Rivers State; Atibe University in Oyo town, Oyo State; and Eko University of Medical and Health Sciences, Lagos.
Adamu said more applications were received by the ministry and will later be presented to the council for approval.
The minister said that the FEC has directed the National Universities Commission (NUC) to look into the quality of courses offered by new and existing universities in the country.
According to him, the government will withdraw the registration of any university that fails to meet the standard set for courses being offered.
Related School Updates:
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- How To Apply For Bowen University 2018/2019…
- Students of OAU Questions The Invitation Of The Vice…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Afe Babalola University Releases 2018/2019…
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman